In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?

A time when I felt like I belonged is when I joined my tennis team at an academy. At first I felt akward as I didn't know about it and then I started adjusting to it and it became more comfortable. Slowly I felt like a family with this team, over years of course, and it really was fun for me. That feeling came to be with people always encouraging me and trying to get me better, as well as the coaches supporting and helping me throughout the process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In “Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has left a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?

Imagine someone could learn about you only by looking through your trash can. What three items might they find in your trash today, and what would each item reveal about your personality, habits, interests, or life right now?

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.