In “Because I could not stop for Death,” Emily Dickinson presents life as a journey that eventually comes to an end. What experiences in your life have reminded you that time moves quickly? How have those experiences affected the way you value your time?

 One big experience in my life to remind me that time moves quickly is my first 3 years of high school because now it doesn't even feel real that I'm a senior and I went through them. Its hard to imagine that in another 4 years I'll be almost at the end of my journey in college. Then I have to be an adult and get a life which will come sooner than expected. Now, I value most moments that I have and know I will miss them. Whenever I am in a great moment I take a second to think about that and keep enjoying it.

Today in class we read "Because I could not stop for Death" and are doing a creative assignment on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In “Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has left a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?

Imagine someone could learn about you only by looking through your trash can. What three items might they find in your trash today, and what would each item reveal about your personality, habits, interests, or life right now?

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.