Prompt: In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?

 When I first started taking the SAT I was studying late, for example waiting for the last week. This made me stressed out and overwhelmed because I had to cram a lot. My scores also turned out not great. When I studied for more time like a month leading up to it it was a lot less stressful. I also got a better score on it than when I studied less. I learned that the more you study the less overwhelmed you are when it comes time and the better your results are.

Today in class we just read and annotated one of Emily Dickinsons poems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In “Her Sweet Weight on My Heart a Night” by Emily Dickinson, the speaker describes the emotional weight another person can have on us. Think about someone who has left a lasting impact on your life. In what ways do you still carry that person with you?

Imagine someone could learn about you only by looking through your trash can. What three items might they find in your trash today, and what would each item reveal about your personality, habits, interests, or life right now?

What is the most creative thing you have ever made? Share what it was and explain why it stands out as your best work.